- This Talks Booking Agreement relates to booking a talk from NORAH’s Talks and Speakers Register. The Requester is the person who completes the Talk Request Form. The Speaker is the person who will deliver the talk.
- This agreement is voluntary and is made between the Speaker and the Requester.
2. Booking a Talk
- In the first instance, a Requester should complete the Talk Request Form to begin the process for booking a talk. A talk is only confirmed once NORAH has sent a Confirmation Email to both the Requester and the Speaker.
- Once a Talk Request Form has been completed, NORAH will liaise between the Requester and the Speaker to confirm details for a talk which it will try to do this within one week of receiving the Talk Request Form.
- NORAH will confirm details of the talk in a Confirmation Email which it will try to do within two weeks of receiving the Talk Request Form.
- NORAH will send a Reminder Email to both the requester and the speaker two days before the event is due to take place.
- A Requester should allow at least fours weeks between completing a Talk Request Form and the first of the proposed dates.
3. Health and Safety
- By completing the Talk Request Form, the Requester agrees the following.
- The proposed venue is safe and free from hazards.
- The Requester has appropriate indemnity insurance for the proposed venue, or, they have informed the Speaker that they do not and the Speaker has accepted this risk.
- If providing their own equipment at a venue, it is the Speaker’s responsibility to ensure all equipment and associated wires are safe and secure and not the responsibility of NORAH.
- The Requester or the Speaker can cancel a talk at anytime. There is no penalty charge for cancelling a talk.
- If either the Requester of the Speaker has to cancel the event, they will attempt to give the other party at least 2 days’ notice.
5. The Event
- The Speaker will aim to arrive at the venue indicated on the form at least 30 minutes before the talk is due to start.
- The Requester will ensure that the Speaker can enter the proposed venue and prepare equipment, at least 30 minutes before the event is due to start.
- During the talk, the Speaker will briefly introduce NORAH and its work. The Speaker will also invite attendees to join NORAH’s mailing list.
- By confirming a talk, the Requester agrees to the following.
- To deliver a talk as described on the Register of Talks and Speakers at the time and place agreed.
- To adhere to any other agreements made between the Speaker and the Requester as detailed in the Confirmation Email.
- NORAH and the Speaker do not charge for delivering the talk. However, NORAH does suggest a donation of at least £70 per talk .
- The Speaker is able to accept donations on behalf of NORAH at the time of the event. Alternatively, the Requester can make a donation online or by sending a cheque. Further details are given here.